St. Mark’s is committed to service, to our members and to the wider community. Here are some of the community outreach programs that we offer. We are always looking for new volunteers to help.
- Association for Rehabilitation with Kindness (ARK) – Collaboration between Temple Emanu-El – Westfield and St. Mark’s. Helps seniors in need, including with home repairs and other needs.– Vernon Anthony
- Grace Feeding Program – Volunteers prepare and serve meals to families in need at Grace Church. – Henry Foster
- Health & Wellness Ministry – Health care professions offer health screenings year round and sponsor an annual health fair for the whole community.– Wendy Blackman
- Food and Clothing Drives: The Men of St. Mark’s coordinates annual food and clothing drives to help local families in need. – Melvin Hill
- Christmas Gift Program: Members provide gifts and bring Christmas cheer to people in challenging situations who are affiliated with local community service groups. – TBD
- Christmas Caroling at local Nursing Homes: Members of the St. Mark’s Senior lead a group of parishioners who join with other organizations to sing carols with residents of local nursing homes leading up to the Christmas holidays.
- Outreach Programs offered in conjunction with the Plainfield Grassroots CDC: For more information on the following Plainfield Grassroots CDC programs hosted by St. Mark’s, visit plainfieldgrassroots.org, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAT Prep Program: A high-value low-cost class that offers small group tutoring in Math, English and SAT testing techniques. It is open to high school students in Plainfield and surrounding areas. Graduates of this program have got on to some of Americas top colleges and universities. – Dawn McDonald
- The Out of the Box Club – Where Curiosity Lives! An innovative Math & Science Club for elementary and middle school students, the Out of the Box Club taps into the boundless energy and imagination of young children to create an early love for STEM subjects. Exciting challenges and activities push club members to think outside the box and perform beyond their grade level to develop problem solving skills that will last them a lifetime. – Vernon Anthony
- Agape Summer Enrichment Camp A very affordable Summer Day Camp that cares for children ages 6 thru 14 during the summer months while their parents work. Agape offers an enriching summer experience by balancing fun and learning throughout the children’s summer break. – Vernon Anthony